Microbiome, Brain Health, and Ageing
This call for funding is now CLOSED.
This funding opportunity via the Reta Lila Weston Trust will provide research grants of up to £750,000 over a maximum of 48 months each to support high-impact projects that seek to improve our understanding of the relationship between the microbiome and brain health towards future applications.
Please refer to the Programme Details and Request for Applications (RFA) for more information and details on how to apply.
To provide funding to British scientists to leverage the microbiome to prevent, address, and treat brain diseases associated with ageing, in areas of neurodegeneration, cerebrovascular diseases, and age-related cognitive decline.
· Total available funding: £1.5 million (up to 2 projects)
· Project size: £750,000
· Duration: 36-48 months
Eligible Projects will:
· Establish an innovative line of translational research and provide proof-of-principle evidence in support of new therapeutic or health applications
· Catalyze longer-term bench-to-bedside initiatives that seek to move therapies from discovery through to application
· Full definitions can be found in the Programme Details document.
· Request for Applications (RFA)
· Letter of Intent (LOI) template
How to Apply
1. Confirm intent to apply by emailing us
2. Submit a completed Letter of Intent (see template above)
Information webinar: February 11th, 2020 @ 4:00 p.m. GMT
LOI deadline: March 6th, 2020 @ 3:00 p.m. GMT
Proposal deadline: April 27th, 2020 @ 3:00 p.m. GMT
Anticipated Award Notice: May-June, 2020
Registration for the Information Session can be found here.